Guidelines for Speaking at PSA Events
The following guidelines are for speakers at all PSA events.
If you are speaking at a PSA event, please read these guidelines carefully and complete the form below.
Our meetings have four aims:
- To demonstrate the very highest standards of speaking
- To help members develop their professional speaking careers so they can speak more and speak better
- To provide both speakers and delegates with the opportunity to make new and potentially life-changing contacts with like-minded people
- To interest, entertain and give value
It is our intention that our meetings always aspire to the very highest standards and we would therefore ask you to follow these guidelines:
- Rehearse, dress and perform as you would for your largest and most prestigious audience
- Please commit to the event in the same way – we take your acceptance of our offer to speak as a firm booking on both sides
- Simply be perfect on timings
- Please let us have a compelling title, overview for your speech/workshop and bio
well-ahead of the event and before the deadline you are given. Please ensure that you talk to this
- Please avoid overtly selling of you, your programmes or your products during your talk. Some Regions have “back of the room” tables which you can use. Seek the advice of the Regional President if it is a Regional Event or the President if a national event.
- Please let us have at least one month in advance the introduction you would like the MC to use