President: Lisa Newport
Email: [email protected]
Event Dates 2021
|September||Wednesday 1st – BOOK YOUR TICKET NOW! – BACK IN THE ROOM!|
|October||NATIONAL CONVENTION – NO EVENT|
1st September 2021: Speaking September
We’re looking forward to a Speaking September here at PSA East Midlands! And even better, we’ll be back in the room for a real face-to-face meeting!
Anthony Stears is better known as “The Telephone Assassin” and he’s on a mission to get businesses talking again and stop people from hiding behind their emails and social media. Helping clients to get in front of more of their ideal customers and getting more business from their existing customers.
Conversation Stears – Making money as a speaker
This session starts by quickly looking at the different ways people can make money as a speaker, so you can pick the best one for YOU.
Anthony will then share his ‘5 Conversation Steers’ to show you how take control of your conversations and get people to take action as a result of speaking to. By the end of this session you will have the confidence to pick up the phone and the skills to make every call count.
Takeaways for audience:
– a simple technique to get people to listen at the start of a conversation
– quick ways to build rapport so people like you
– the best way to perfect you pitch and establish your credibility
– how to create urgency so people take action
– and how to prevent pipeline constipation
Sam Rathling is a global authority on LinkedIn and Social Selling. Best Selling Author of ‘Linked Inbound’, and was recently named by Yahoo! Finance as a Top 10 LinkedIn Expert to follow. Sam has helped her clients generate over £100 million from her 8 social selling methodologies. A busy Mum of 3 kids, she is the CVO of Linked Inbound and the Pipeline 44 Group. Sam is a Fellow of the PSA, and loves to give back and help Speakers to raise their profile, build their brand and get more leads.
LinkedIn or LinkedOut? How to Generate Leads from LinkedIn & Social Selling
In her keynote, Sam will share some of the strategies that have helped her clients to generate over £100million in new sales.
Attend Sam’s presentation if:
– You can’t keep up with all the new LinkedIn® features
– You are on LinkedIn® but never get any new business from your efforts
– You don’t know how to find and approach your target market
– You create content but it never seems to get the engagement you hoped for
– You spend at least 30 mins a day on LinkedIn® but still don’t really know what you’re doing
– You wish you had new leads coming to you as inbound enquiries every week
– You want to position yourself as the ‘go-to’ expert for what you do
Takeaways for audience:
– How to generate more inbound leads from LinkedIn
– How to build an Effective LinkedIn Profile that speaks to your IDEAL client
– What Content is Working right now on LinkedIn
– Practical Tips and Ideas that you can implement straight away
Andrew Pain is passionate about developing the narrative on domestic abuse, so not only are support services for women improved and expanded, but also, the forgotten faces of domestic abuse have support and a voice, including; parents abused by children, the LGBTQ+ community and male survivors of female perpetrated abuse.
What domestic violence taught me about critical decision making
Purpose of session: Whether it’s personal goals, close relationships or business aspirations, making clear decisions sounds like it should be easy for decisive, proactive people (like business leaders) but throw in the pressure of; responsibility, the pull of hope, fear of loss and personal pride, then actually, critical decision making is a huge challenge, often keeping us awake at night, causing untold stress and making us unsure of ourselves when we most need to be decisive.
In his showcase, Andrew will examine the first of 3 mind-bending dilemmas, which both survivors of domestic violence and business leaders wrestle with, simply because of the roles they undertake, and he will do so, in order to help you make better decisions, more quickly and with less stress.
Key Learning Points:
– Why our natural human biases undermine wise decisions and how to spot the 3 nastiest culprits.
– Why boundaries form the foundation of effective decision making and self mastery.
– How to create your personal boundaries, so you no longer get pulled into things you’d rather avoid, you no longer tolerate things you know to be wrong and you no longer get stuck when you most need to move.
6pm Informal networking (food served)
6.20pm Early Bird Ticket Draw
6.25pm Showcase Speaker ANDREW PAIN
6.55pm Keynote Speaker ANTHONY STEARS
7.45pm Keynote Speaker SAM RATHLING
8.30pm Informal networking in the bar area
We’re looking forward to you joining us soon!
Sandiacre, Nottingham NG10 4EP
Book Your Ticket:
Having trouble booking your ticket? Click here to open the booking page directly, please read the below important information before booking.
Cancellation Policy: Please be aware that we do not accept cancellation of bookings for PSA meetings, as we make arrangements to support the number of places booked and incur costs that cannot often be recovered. If you have booked a place at a PSA event and are no longer able to attend, please ask around your local PSA community to see if another speaker wishes to attend in your place – we’re happy for you to transfer your booking, and just ask that you let us know by emailing [email protected].
Processing your personal data: Please note that when you book an event your data will be processed in accordance with the PSA’s Privacy Notice. When you register to attend a PSA event, we share your name and contact details with the person running the event. For regional meetings, this will be the Regional President. They may share these details with members of the Regional Committee, for the purposes of contacting you about the event, welcoming you, and following up with you afterwards..
We will be taking photographs throughout the event and may also be video recording the event. By purchasing a ticket you agree that all photography may be used at the discretion of the PSA and for the business of any speaker being filmed during the event. However, if you do not wish to appear or be identified in any photography or video footage please advise any Committee member on arrival at the event so we can, of course, accommodate your preference.
PSA Events Policy for Covid19
As the host of PSA events, we have taken all reasonable and appropriate precautions and followed the latest government guidelines when planning this event.
As a delegate at a PSA event, you must (1) follow the latest government guidelines; (2) take a lateral flow test before attending unless you have been fully vaccinated (we also recommend this for the safety of other delegates even where you have been fully vaccinated); (3) not attend if the test is positive or if you have any of the recognised symptoms of Covid.
Please read our PSA Events Policy for Covid for more details.
Welcome to PSA East Midlands
The East Midlands is the newest region of the Professional Speaking Association. Formed for speakers in Derby, Nottingham, Leicester and South Yorkshire – and visitors from other places – we have been creating fun-filled valuable events since December 2018.
At an East Midlands PSA meeting you’ll get:
- A warm and friendly welcome
- Great food
- Easy and useful networking chats with other speakers from the region and elsewhere
- Speakers practicing new material and inviting audience feedback (showcases)
- Experienced speakers, often visiting Fellows from other regions and other countries, offering a ‘keynote’ which helps develop one of the two PSA aims
- PSA aims: To speak more (building your speaking business) and to speak better (improve the quality of your content and delivery).
Each PSA region is run by members and Fellows of the Association who offer their time voluntarily to make the events worthwhile and enjoyable. Being a part of the committee is a great way to get to know everyone and expand your network.
If you are a member or a Fellow of the PSA and would like to speak at our East Midlands event, we’d be delighted to receive your information via the form.
If you have any questions, please drop us a line via email: [email protected]
We look forward to welcoming you to a fabulous event soon!