The Professional Speaking Association was launched in January 1999 as a professional body for those engaged in speaking professionally with two fundamental goals:
- to raise the standards of professional speaking
- to promote speaking as a professional industry
Ultimately we want support our speakers to Speak More and Speak Better.
To help our new members we have introduced ‘PSA New Member Days’. These are for Associate and Professional Members who are new to the association.
The event includes:
- An Introduction to the PSA and membership benefits
- Our Regions and how to get involved
- PSA speaker competitions and awards
- Membership level requirements and working towards upgrades
- Presentations to support you with your speaking and your speaking business
- Opportunity to network with others across the PSA regions
- An introduction to how you can become part of the support team in your PSA region.
Associates and Professional Members are allowed to attend once only and are asked that you book onto this event only if you are certain that you can attend. Places are on a first come, first served basis.
Please note that this event is for Associates and Professional Members that have joined the PSA within the last 0-12 months of the date of the new members event.
This is a sponsored event and is therefore free of charge for those who wish to attend.
New member days run twice a year
- Friday 7th May 10:00 – 13:00
- Monday 8th November 10:00 – 13:00
Please Join Our Virtual New Members Day this May 2021!
We’ve been champing at the bit to get a virtual event together for all new members so we can have a chance to meet each other, get to know more about the PSA and how it can help you and your speaking business.
We’ve now booked Friday 7th May 2021 from 10am till 1pm.
We will be covering a whole host of things:
The agenda is as follows;
• PSA Membership levels and benefits
• PSA Regions from the PSA Regional Director Guy Clapham
• Opportunities to network, actually and virtually
• Opportunities to showcase
• PSA speaker competitions and awards
• How can you get further involved?
Book on now to save your free place!
Cancellation Policy: Please be aware that we do not accept cancellation of bookings for PSA meetings, as we make arrangements to support the number of places booked and incur costs that cannot often be recovered. If you have booked a place at a PSA event and are no longer able to attend, please ask around your local PSA community to see if another speaker wishes to attend in your place – we’re happy for you to transfer your booking, and just ask that you let us know by emailing [email protected].
Processing your personal data: Please note that when you book an event your data will be processed in accordance with the PSA’s Privacy Notice. When you register to attend a PSA event, we share your name and contact details with the person running the event. For regional meetings, this will be the Regional President. They may share these details with members of the Regional Committee, for the purposes of contacting you about the event, welcoming you, and following up with you afterwards..
We will be taking photographs throughout the event and may also be video recording the event. By purchasing a ticket you agree that all photography may be used at the discretion of the PSA and for the business of any speaker being filmed during the event. However, if you do not wish to appear or be identified in any photography or video footage please advise any Committee member on arrival at the event so we can, of course, accommodate your preference.