Much of the Board’s work happens behind the scenes but at any given time the Directors are working on a range of projects to benefit members and further the work of the Association.
Board meetings happen quarterly throughout the year.
Since Inspire in Oct 2018 your board of directors has met virtually on the 25th October and the 19th December.
In the October meeting we focussed on Inspire and the feedback from those who attended. We’ve also surveyed those who did not attend. We discussed the new code of conduct, and the feedback from a handful of the members has led to some revisions.
In the December meeting we reviewed the New Member Day launched in 2018 and have agreed some changes for the future.
We’ve reviewed the criteria for the professional member qualification and will be clarifying the guidelines.
We’ve planned the boot camps/masterclasses for 2019.
We’ve agreed limited participation in World Speech Day.
We’ve reviewed preparations for the 2019 & 2020 conventions.
In January, the board will be meeting to focus on strategy for the next few years.
To request something be added to the agenda or to express an opinion on a topic up for discussion, email the Tim Luscombe, Chairman of the PSA Board: [email protected].
Annual General Meeting
The AGM was held on Friday 5 October 17:30 and was included as part of the Inspire 2018 convention.
The Board have produced the following reviews of their job roles and what they have been working on since October 2017:
- Tiffany Kemp, PSA President
- Tim Luscombe, Chairman
- Steve Bustin, Communications Director
- Shaz Nawaz, Finance Director
- Lee Jackson, Foundation Director
- Joy Marsden, Membership Director
- Lynda Shaw, Regional Director
The Board are ably supported by the Operations Team and our Digital Manager. Brief details of their activities are below:
Agenda – AGM, 5 October 2018
- Apologies for absence; Chairman
- Minutes of the previous AGM; Chairman
- Receipt and adoption of the Accounts of the Associations for the period ending 30th June 2018; Shaz Nawaz
- Resolution proposed by Tim Luscombe:
That the articles of association be amended by the insertion of clause 18 (g) to read as follows: (g) a unanimous vote to remove the director from office is agreed by all other directors.
- President’s report; Tiffany Kemp
- Election of Joy Marsden as the President for the ensuing year; Chairman
- Election of the marketing director; Chairman
- Any other business